SCM Music Player

Sunday, May 19, 2013

ALL-WEATHER Series: STORMY by Ptr. Jay-R Ramirez (Victory Caloocan)




And I want you to know, my dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News. For everyone here, including the whole palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ. And because of my imprisonment, most of the believers here have gained confidence and boldly speak God’s message without fear. It’s true that some are preaching out of jealousy and rivalry. But others preach about Christ with pure motives. They preach because they love me, for they know I have been appointed to defend the Good News. Those others do not have pure motives as they preach about Christ. They preach with selfish ambition, not sincerely, intending to make my chains more painful to me. But that doesn’t matter. Whether their motives are false or genuine, the message about Christ is being preached either way, so I rejoice. And I will continue to rejoice. For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance. For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith. And when I come to you again, you will have even more reason to take pride in Christ Jesus because of what he is doing through me. (Philippians 1:12-26, New Living Translation) 

Things to know about WEATHER 
1. It is NEVER permanent. 
2. You can never fight it. You just have to ADAPT with it.

SERIES GOALS: In whatever circumstances...  
1. Honor GOD
2. Grow in GOD

Things to know about STORM
1. It DISTRURBS normal life. 
2. It creates CHAOS/FEAR/ANXIETY/WORRY 
3. Comes in different INTENSITY

Life's STORMS are joy stealers.There's nothing to do/we can do about STORM. 
We may not want it; we always wanted a "sunny day" life, but STORMS will [surely] come. 
It is NOT a matter of IF, but of WHEN. 

Common RESPONSES of people to STORMS: 
1. They look INWARD - pity party 
2. They look OUTWARD - blame game 
3. They look SIDEWARD - seek help from people (padrino sysytem) 
4. They look FORWARD - they go before God's will and try to suggest of what He "should" do and how He "should" do it.

PAUL's Response to STORMS 
 I. He STAYED 
-He looked up to Christ-"Christ"- mentioned 11x in our text alone. 
-The safest place in the midst of the storm is in the eye of the storm 
-The safest place when we are experiencing storms in life is in the arms of God--in His will, in His presence.
- Psalm 34:8 -God is more concerned in giving Himself than giving gifts  
-"When I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis 

II. He REJOICED 
 -Paul considered his present situation is God's medium so that the Good News shall be preached. 
-He looked beyond the test to be his future TESTIMONY. 
-The pain you feel today shall be your STRENGTH tomorrow. 

III. He HONORED Christ 
-Illustration: The Royal Palace of Tehran (Iran)--"Broken to be Beautiful"
  

-God is able to use your storms to accomplish His perfect will.

 -Habakkuk 3:16-18 





Listen to ALL WEATHER Series Podcasts of Victory Caloocan here.

No comments:

Post a Comment